What Is FOG?May 29, 2019 8:31 pm Leave your thoughts
Fats, oils and grease (FOG) are the bane of many restaurant kitchens. While it’s essential to incorporate fatty foods and oils into your food, and grease is an essential cooking component, FOG can be exceptionally hard to clean and control. FOG substances can be challenging to deal with on a number of levels. It’s important to have a clear, workable FOG management strategy in your kitchen to keep yourself, your employees and your customers safe.
Commercial kitchens rely on a grease trap to help manage the presence of FOG substances in the kitchen. You should have a trusted company that you contract with to perform maintenance on your grease trap. Grease trap cleaning in Strafford County, NH is one of the most essential aspects of kitchen maintenance that you can have performed.
Here are just a few things to keep in mind when it comes to managing the presence of FOG in your kitchen:
- Practice dry cleaning methods: Whenever possible, you should avoid FOG getting into your restaurant’s pipes and drains. Instead, you should practice dry cleaning methods whenever possible. For instance, placing food-grade paper under and around fryers can help catch stray oil. If you spill oil or grease, try scraping it, or using a hardening agent like kitty litter, to clean it up, rather than hosing it down the drain.
- Avoid spillage: You and your team should treat FOG as a precious commodity—avoid spilling it whenever possible. Never leave a container holding new or used FOG materials open, and be sure to train your team members on the best way to dispose of FOG substances.
- Identify recycling options: There are a number of programs that allow you to safely dispose of or recycle cooking grease. Be sure to check around to learn more about local programs that you can use to recycle your used grease and oils. To recycle grease, however, it needs to be stored correctly. Consult with a local expert to learn more.
- Invest in routine maintenance: The most important step that you can take to manage FOG in your kitchen is by investing in regular, routine maintenance for your grease trap. Invest in grease trap cleaning in Strafford County, NH to ensure that your restaurant kitchen is clean and up to code.
- Keep your kitchen clean: In addition to paying for professional help with your FOG management strategy, you should also work with your kitchen team to ensure that your kitchen is clean. This will help you cut down on potential FOG contaminants that could trap dirt and propagate bacteria.
B.H. Cameron Septic Services LLC is a trusted provider of grease trap pumping in Strafford County, NH. We’re here to help local restaurants manage the amount of FOG in their kitchens. We’re committed to providing you with a safe, clean kitchen. We work extensively with local establishments to help them ensure that they’re providing their customers with high-quality food and a clean eating environment. To learn more about how we can help with grease trap cleaning in Strafford County, NH, reach out to one of our friendly representatives today.
Categorised in: Grease Trap Cleaning, Grease Trap Pumping
This post was written by Writer