A septic system is a significant investment. Repairs to this system can also be expensive and involved. Because of this, it’s important to take the necessary steps to properly maintain your septic tank. This regular septic tank maintenance in Strafford County, NH will save you time, money and headaches.
Use the following septic tips to keep your septic tank in top shape. You’ll enjoy a smoother system and extend the life of the tank:
- Safe disposal: Avoid putting things into your system that are hazardous to your tank. Don’t use a garbage disposal, as this will add grease and solids to the system and will require more frequent cleaning of your tank. Additionally, do not put coffee grounds, egg shells, nut shells, paper towels, paints, oils or fats into your system.
- Expert attention: If you suspect any problems with your septic tank, don’t hesitate to contact a professional. This will help prevent further septic tank maintenance in Strafford County, NH. An expert can provide the detailed care your system needs to remain in optimal condition.
- Pumping: Most septic tanks should be pumped every three to five years. Failing to keep up with this important septic tank maintenance in Strafford County, NH can prove disastrous. If not pumped (or not pumped properly), your system will fail. Pumping your system regularly stops solids from flowing out of the tank and into your drain field.
- Traffic: Your drain field should not be a place for heavy traffic. Keep all vehicles, livestock and heavy equipment off this area. Significant pressure can damage the system pipes. If you are considering planting a garden or adding an outbuilding or pool, be sure to locate these items away from your drain field. Consult with a professional to determine the best place for these additions.
- Inspections: Inspect your septic tank regularly to detect any issues as soon as possible. If you are familiar with the system and its maintenance, you may be able to perform this inspection yourself. If you are not sure what potential issues to look for, contact a professional who is experienced in septic tank maintenance in Strafford County, NH.
- Conservation: To extend the life of your septic tank, practice healthy water conservation. The less water you push through the system, the less work it has to do and the longer it will last. Reduce the amount of water you use by taking shorter showers, washing only full loads of clothing and dishes and turning off the faucet while you brush your teeth or shave. Minimize outdoor water usage by watering the lawn less and collecting rainwater to use for plants and gardens.
Do you have additional questions or concerns about your septic tank maintenance in Strafford County, NH? B.H. Cameron Septic Services LLC offers the expertise you need. Contact our experienced staff today to find out more about how to extend the life of your septic tank. Our professional consultations and maintenance services will help you keep your system running smoothly throughout 2018 and beyond.
Categorised in: Septic Tank Maintenance
This post was written by Writer